Welcome! This blog will be the official page for students to discuss, reflect, and respond to the things they experience on their High Impact Leadership Trip (HILT). HILT is a program sponsored through Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota and is funded through the Student Government Association’s Sustainability Fund.
HILT is an alternative spring break trip that focuses on environmentally-related topics. They are designed and led by student leaders on campus with the guidance of a faculty advisor. Each fall, 12-20 students from all different majors and backgrounds are chosen to go on the trip. The trips purpose is to engage students in dialogue and hands-on activity with a topic they may not be familiar with in order to apply that knowledge back on campus upon returning.
Examples of previous HILTs include:
- Sustainable Agriculture in San Fransisco, CA
- Environmental Policy in Washington, D.C.
- Climate Change in the Everglades of Florida
- Land Conservation at Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Sustainable Living in Portland, OR
If you’re interested in planning a trip, attending a trip, or have any questions regarding HILT, please feel free to reach out to us via email: concordiaHILT@hotmail.com